Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Strangers On A Train Thank You's

It's taken me several days to put together my thoughts on the release of the Left Banke CD, Strangers On A Train, which I co-produced. The path to this release was a two-year journey that goes far deeper than I can say. In life, we never say thank you enough, so I'm going to say my thank you's now, before the world distracts me again.


To the Omnivore Recordings team. Cheryl, Glenn, Lee, Greg. To Michael Graves, who did the amazing mastering for this release. Thank you. 


To all of those that became very used to my emails, calls and texts over the last two years. Yvonne Vital, and your beautiful family, Marg Finn, Patricia McAllister, Sam Kogon, Jon Ihle, Cookie Dakes, and others. Thank you. 


To Charly Cazalet, the true Mayor of New York City, and bassist for much of Strangers. You've always been part of the Left Banke story, and once again, you are.


To Mike Fornatale, Rick Reil, Susan Aquila, Paul Alves, Mickey Finn and others. This CD is the continuation of the work that you did, and I have not forgotten. Thank you.


This CD could not be created without those that came before me. Scott Schinder (who is also my co-producer on this CD), Andrew Sandoval, Bill Inglot, Bill Levinson, John Kennedy, Char Fezza, Jim Burns, Evan Ottersland, and many more. Thank you.


To Jan Barley, Chris Garges and Neil Allen. I wish that you were here for this, but somewhere, I know that you still are.


Lastly, to Michael, Steve, Tom and George, the work that you began in a studio in New York in 1965 will live forever. And I'm proud to help carry your work to the next person that needs to hear you. 


Left Banke, forever.


Thank you all, and see you on the road.


http://omnivorerecordings.com/shop/the-strangers-on-a-train/


-Daniel

March 2, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment