Friday, March 17, 2023

Happy St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day. As a child, I went to St. Patrick's School in Seneca Falls, NY. This was always a special day. All of the students would gather in an adjacent parking lot, and we would all release green balloons with our contact info, in the hope that someone would find our balloon and write us back. We would then get the rest of the day off, and I would wonder where my balloon had wandered to.


Forty years ago today was my last St. Pat's Day in New York. In the fall, my family would move to North Carolina, and a completely different adventure would soon begin. I have been thinking about those classmates that stood beside me that day, none of us knowing where this world would take us.

As part of the Coston, King and Collins families, happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all. To my classmates, and all my friends along the way, consider this one more green balloon released into the air, hoping that it will find you.   

-Daniel
March 17, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment