Monday, October 8, 2012

To my old classmates at St. Patrick's School


29 years ago this week, my family and I moved to North Carolina from Seneca Falls, NY. And while North Carolina has been good to me over the years, I left behind a great bunch of classmates at St. Patrick's School, in Seneca Falls. We all had the shared experience of growing up together in that small town, all dreaming of bigger things to come.

The baseball that the class signed for me all those years ago sits next to my desk. I saw many of you again in 1991, when I visited your high school graduation, which I still consider one of the most fun experiences I have ever had. Some of those classmates are here on Facebook, and some aren't. But wherever they are, I couldn't let another anniversary pass without saying hello, and wishing you well. I may have moved away from Seneca Falls, but you have never left me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment