Friday, February 17, 2017

Update From My Main Website

Hello all-

Wow. Happy holidays, happy new year, happy mid-February. It all just went right by me! There’s been so much going on. Let me get you, and me caught up on what’s going on. 

Thank you for following my work in the past year, as well as my exhibits at C3 Lab, the Levine Museum Of The New South, and the Charlotte Museum Of History. My exihibtion at the Museum Of History is still on the second floor, so come by and check it out anytime. Hopefully, I’ll have some new shows to tell you about soon. Thank you to everyone that came to my library talks, Jesse Brown’s Outdoors, Charlotte Museum Of History and elsewhere. I also have some more library talks coming this year, so stay tuned. 

At th end of last year, I was part of documenting the closing of Charlotte’s Double Door Inn, a venue of which I have documented for 22 years, and two versions of my book on the venue. It was an amazing and emotional thing to be a part of, and something that I’m still recovering from. WFAE did a great interview with myself, Double Door owner Nick Karres, and Bill Noonan here-


I also contributed to the new documentary on the Double Door. Check it out on Amazon, and check out my recent Charlotte Podcast here-


There is much more to come from my time with the Double Door Inn, so stay tuned. Tangents Magazine is also continuing full steam, so check out the new issue, which hits the newsstands this week.

So much many different events, special events, galas and concerts over the past year. My sincere thank you to everyone that was a part of one of the busiest and most amazing years of my life. A huge highlight was flying to Los Angeles to work with the Monkees on their 50th anniversary show with Michael Nesmith. Wow, just wow. And yes, I was back in Charlotte the next day to photograph three events. Other artists I recently photographed or worked with included the Beach Boys, Brian Wilson & band,  Chad & Jeremy (whom I worked with Bethesda, MD), Time Sawyer, Buckeye Lane, Party Battleship, Amigo, Sinners & Saints, and many, many more. Look out for Moonbeams No Mas, the new album by John Elderkin, which features some of my photos. 

After sixteen years with the Charlotte Observer, the former Scene & Heard that I helmed is now exclusively in Southpark Magazine. I’ll be continuing my work with Southpark, Charlotte Magazine, and other publications, as well as working more directly with organizations. So, see you at the next gala, as well. 

And, here’s a list of where you can now find me and my work online.

danielcoston.blogspot.com (day to day updates, photos and general madness)

danielcostonmusicphotos.com (new site to view and purchase music photos)

danielcoston.photorelfect.com (place to see and purchase event photos)

@danielcoston (Twitter handle)

#danielcostonphotos (Instagram handle)

Thank you again, safe travels, and see you on the road.
-Daniel
February 17, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment