Monday, September 17, 2012

End Of An Era

Hello All-

I'm sad to report that I will likely never attend another Guided by Voices show, or photograph them. Without going into too many details, I was not allowed to photograph the band, despite working with them for 15 years, and being given permission to photograph their show by their manger. It ended with threats of violence, and someone within the band's entourage having their own agendas.

This is really sad for me, as I've been a longtime fan of the group. You can see the tribute to the band that I wrote earlier this summer on this blog. I'm leaving the tribute up on this site, though I don't feel that way at the moment.

As I prepare to send the NC Musicians Book off to the publisher, I have been seeing a lot of signposts. Many things telling me that I'm not who I used to be, and that the world is changing. Take that however you will, but it happens. Things change, interests change. People change. And maybe it's time that some of my interests change, as well. Maybe not, but I'll see where things take me. In the meantime, take care of yourselves, and remember that the heart is sometimes a wounded warrior, looking for a place and time to heal.
-Daniel
Sept. 17, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment