Thursday, December 11, 2014

Ghost In A Quiet Tirade

I see you
trying 
to make me
notice you,
while you act
like I’m 
not here.
You move 
through the faces
with poisoned arms,
glancing off
the flecks
of orange light,
running in
your circles
with 
whitewashed
memories.
Lips move,
but no one
close to you
will dare say 
the truth.

We know 
what 
you did,
and yet 
that is somehow 
my fault.
If 
all of the distant actors
are the ones
that were really 
to blame,
then why 
are you the one
that acts
the guilty role,
squirming
as you retreat
to places
where no one
will tell
what has happened,
or what is
to come?

Acknowledgement
is acquirement, 
and stepping
away
from the person
who have been, 
to the person
you can still 
become.
Until that time,
you are a ghost
walking in the spaces
again
that you 
trip over,
yet
you still believe
is moving forward.

I see you
but don’t believe you,
just as much
as you claim
that you don’t
believe
in 
me. 

-Daniel Coston
December 11, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment