Wednesday, December 3, 2014

RIP Ian McLagan

I first met Ian McLagan in 2003, at SXSW. From the first time I met him to the last, Mac was one of the nicest, and coolest people I have ever met in my life. I was thrilled every time that I saw him, and hugely saddened every time I missed the chance to see him (which includes a show in Raleigh just six weeks ago). I interviewed him, I hung out with him, he posted my photos on his website, and gave me some of the nicest compliments I've ever gotten. The fact that I will not have the chance to cross paths with him again, at least in this earthly place, is something that I, like many others, may never get used to. And yet, so much music, and so many laughs. And that will always stay with me. Safe travels, friend, and always remember how much you were loved down here.
-Daniel
December 3, 2014

Photo 2003 Daniel Coston, that wonderful day I first met Mac.


No comments:

Post a Comment