Tuesday, November 14, 2023

RIP Johny Williams

Many years ago, I was driving back home from a gig up north. I wandered into a gas station somewhere in rural eastern NC. I realized that someone was lurking behind me in the next aisle. It was Johny Williams, whom I'd known well from his days in Glory Fountain, and my nights photographing across NC. Johny and his wife had just gotten married, and we had somehow wandered into the same gas station at the exact same time. 


When Johny and his wife told me that they hadn't taken any photos of their wedding, I said, "Let's do it now!" and proceeded to take wedding photos out in front of the gas station. It made the whole trip worthwhile. It was a wedding present that I hadn't planned on, but I am so glad that I was there to do that.

John, you have gone on to your next adventure. We hadn't talked in some time, but you've often popped up in my memories of those days. May you light up the sky like you did during your time here. 

Safe travels. Until I photograph you again, someday.

-Daniel
November 14, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment