Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hallway

I am not
in control,
yet I move
through it all,
hurtling myself
forward
in blind
ambition 
and knowledge,
not knowing
where this 
is leading me,
or where
I want it
to end.


I feel nothing, 
yet
I am aware 
ot it all,
overloaded 
into 
mobile
paralysis,
numb to experience,
as if
I was 
dreaming it all
from a distance.
And here
I am again, 
falling again,
because
it feels more
familiar
than stopping
to make sesne 
of it all.



can only
look behind me
as they all
fade away
and 
make sense
of it all
as I pass through
this hallway,
alone
in a different 
time
and 
place,
the ghosts
of myself
that others know,
or think 
they all,
and the other
that I am
slowly 
becoming.
Lost
in a 
state
of emotions
I am
not prepared
to accept,
yet still
embrace
its swarm
of emotions,
knowing
that the unknown
is more frightening,
staying in the 
exhausted now
than 
what 
comes 
next.

-Daniel Coston
June 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment