Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nic Jones

In my recent post about music I've been listening to lately, I somehow forgot to leave out Nic Jones. Nic is an outstanding singer and guitarist. I bought his 1980 album Penguin Eggs at the Swannanoa Festival last year, and it's recently been in my car, accompanying me on long drives. It mixes my love of Celtic music, with Nic's tremendous voice. It's also nice to hear a great guitarist that doesn't overplay.

All of his music is worth searching out, but Penguin Eggs is the easiest to find, and a great place to start. Nic was in a car accident in 1982 that cut his career to a halt, but he is returning to the road this year with shows at various folk festivals in the UK. Hurrah!

The goal of these postings is that you get to hear about, or discover something that you might have missed, otherwise. And life is not something to miss.

For more about Nic Jones, go to www.nicjones.net.
-Daniel
February 25, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment