Thursday, February 12, 2015

Glen Hansard photos, Charlotte, NC, February 9, 2015

Glen Hansard
Knight Theater
Charlotte, NC
February 9, 2015
all photos copyright 2015 Daniel Coston








1 comment:

  1. Hi Daniel, it’s Ben - I had previously purchased a couple of pictures from you - the last night at the Double Door, and Fantastic Negrito at the Visulite. I had reached out to you six years ago - time flies- to mention I had moved to Florida, where I still am. Thanks for publishing the pictures of Glen Hansard. I was at that show at the Knight Theatre. I don’t think you were around after the show. After the show ended, I walked outside to the back of the venue waiting for him to come out so he could sign my cds. There were about 15 other people waiting. After a few minutes the door opened and some guy came out and he said “does anyone want to come in and meet Glen?”. We all went running inside to the dressing room and there was Glen. He said “there’s beer in the fridge if anyone wants one”. I went up to him and he signed my nine solo, Swell Season and Frames cds. I told him I like to watch the video on YouTube of him and Springsteen performing Drivers All Night in Ireland. He said that was the only time he performed with Springsteen and he was nervous. He performed that song that night in Charlotte and I said I was waiting for Springsteen to come out that night. He started laughing and said him too! He was kind and will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete