Saturday, January 5, 2013

Head In A Book (again)

Hello Everyone-

Happy new year. My original plan for the New Year was to have a bunch of new essays done for this page. But ah, how plans can change. With some time off this week from my usual cavalcade of photography work, I have finally been making headway on my book on the North Carolina rock and roll scene of the 1960s. Nine tapes transcribed and inputted in three days, and then eight chapters edited yesterday. There's still some work to do, but it is coming soon. There will also be a new blog for this book coming soon, where you'll be able to buy your own copies.

For those of you that have found me through the recent feature on the Avett Brothers in Our State Magazine, welcome. More writings about the Avett's, the recent Robbinsville reissue, and my photos of them coming soon. FYI, you'll also be able to see and read more about the Avett Brothers later this year, when my coffeetable book on NC musicians (separate book from the one I mentioned above) comes out through McFarland Publications.

I'll be back soon with more updates, and a big photo announcement. Happy new year, and safe travels,
-Daniel
January 5, 2012
Happy one-month birthday to my niece Milah. Uncle Daniel is coming back with his camera soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment