Friday, September 23, 2016

A Reminder About My Show Premiere, And Book Talk On September 24th

Five days ago, I was excited about presenting my library talk, and new photo show opening on Saturday. With so much turmoil around us, it seems a bit silly to remind you all about tomorrow’s events, as important as they are to me. But that is life. We press on, even currents sometimes pull us elsewhere. And I am proud of this work, and the people that are featured in it. So here goes.

At 2pm on September 24th, I’ll be speaking at the Plaza-Midwood Library about the Rock & Roll scene in North Carolina during the 1960s. Lots of photos, new information and new stories. Then, at 6pm, I’ll be at C3 Lab to debut my new show of photos. This is a show of just my photos of the Charlotte music scene from 1996 to 2001. The musicians and friends that drew me in as a photographer, and still are a part of what I’m doing today. There are over 90 photos in this show, most of which has never been seen or exhibited before. I’ve also curated a special playlist of music from Charlotte-area bands from that time. I also asked my friends Derrick J. Hines and Albert Strawn of Bless These Sounds Under The City at 7pm, because they are my good friends, and their music is beautiful. Many of you that will read this in Charlotte are in this show, because you should be. When the show is finished in three weeks, the contents will be donated to the Main Library (sorry I haven’t told you sooner, Shelia Bumgarner, but now you know), so that others will know someday what the Charlotte music scene was like, and that it was made up by a lot of good people. And still is.

I hope to see you all Saturday, or sometime soon. The world is turning, but I hope that you don’t turn away. Safe travels, and see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment